At Nexia, we offer a number of credit related services that will allow your business to operate at its full potential.
We have expertise in a wide range of areas which enables us to tailor our advice to suit your needs.
Do you have debtors who continually pay their invoices late? Or worse still, don’t pay at all? If you don’t have the time, or the energy, to go through the potentially lengthy process of contacting them regularly and reminding them to make payments, we can take on this burden for you.
We can either act in-house under your name as your ‘Credit Manager’, or externally under the name of Nexia New Zealand. We will adhere to the policies of your business from our own office. We are flexible on how we operate this service and can negotiate an arrangement that works best for you.
Our team are experienced in debt collection meaning we are well equipped to make the tough phone calls on your behalf, as well as provide advice and action if the need arises. We provide a professional, effective and courteous approach to debt collection, which is independent from your personal relationship with customers.
This service can extend to assisting you with filing claims in the Disputes Tribunal or preparing and arranging service of statutory demands on debtors with undisputed debts.
To keep it simple, we will charge for collections on a success basis, at a flat rate of 15% of any monies recovered. Any other services will be charged at a preagreed rate.
We can assist to protect your business, as a creditor of your customers. If you are a supplier, wholesaler or retailer who supplies goods on credit, you lease out assets, or you own assets that are situated on your clients’ sites for some time, you should be protecting your interests.
Through the work our Insolvency & Recovery team do as Liquidators, we often see creditors who have neglected to protect themselves adequately under the provisions of the Personal Property Securities Act 1999.
We can help you to avoid the situation those creditors find themselves in, by protecting your business from losing out if one of your customers is liquidated, or defaults on payment.
We offer a wide range of services in this area, including:
- Reviewing your current customer acceptance processes
- Reporting to you on process improvements and assisting in implementation
- Reviewing or drafting terms of trade and/or credit application forms
- Registering interests on the Personal Property Securities Register to protect from liquidators who may seize assets if customers become insolvent or default
- Dealing with liquidators in the event ownership is claimed over the client’s assets and preventing this occurring again
It is best practice to carry out credit checks on customers you intend to offer credit to. We can do this on your behalf, providing you with a report on the risks this customer may bring with them if they have an adverse credit rating.
In addition to the above services, we offer our clients:
- Specialist advice on improving debtor ledgers
- Training of staff to ensure they are collecting your debts as efficiently as possible
- Assistance preparing claims to submit to liquidators or the Official Assignee in the unfortunate event that one of your clients is liquidated or adjudicated bankrupt
- Securing current accounts that have been advanced to their company
Meet our Nexia Collect Team
If you would like one of our Nexia Collect Specialists
to contact you, click here.