Is tax working for or against you? The right advice can save time, money, penalties and last-minute frustration.
Whether you’re a large corporate, SME, or high wealth individual, Maggie Jaques our new Christchurch Tax Director is ready to apply her knowledge and experience to achieve practical and pragmatic solutions and ensure tax works in your interests.
“Even if you’ve just finished your taxation tidy-up for the last year, take a breath and refocus,” says Maggie.
“There really is no better time to consider tax than as part of your business planning and budgeting for the new tax year.”
Maggie brings 15 years’ expertise from roles such as Head of Tax at Nexia New Zealand (Auckland), and with nsaTax, KPMG, and Inland Revenue (Corporates and Investigations).
“Laws change. Your circumstances change. Our role is to ask the right questions and give relevant advice so you can make the best decisions for your situation.
Maggie is a Chartered Accountant and holds a Master of Taxation Studies with First Class Honours.
She is also an engaging presenter who enjoys demystifying the world of taxation for diverse audience and levels of understanding.
Maggie can assist with:
- Income tax, GST, FBT, RWT and other tax advice
- Tax planning and minimisation
- Corporate tax issues facing companies both domestically and internationally
- Advising on corporate and trust restructuring options including look through companies
- International tax issues: corporate residency, foreign investment funds, controlled foreign companies, financial arrangements, transfer pricing, thin capitalisation and interpretation of double tax treaties
- Managing IRD audits
- Performing audit tax reviews
- PAYE and withholding taxes, Working for Families tax credits
- Entity regimes including: companies, trusts, qualifying companies, look through companies, limited partnerships, portfolio investment entities, partnerships, registered charities and not for profits
Maggie is thrilled about the move to the City of Opportunity.
“Christchurch has a real buzz about it. The city is enabling ideas and innovation on a civic scale and I can’t wait to be part of it. Being away from Auckland congestion is a bonus.”
For more information about how Nexia can help you get to grips with tax, contact:
Nexia New Zealand
T: +64 3 379 0829