Getting the most out of your accounting software?
A business accounting software system is an integral part of any business. It is the principal source of financial data for making business decisions and meeting tax compliance requirements, but how well is that software working for you?
Have you thought about getting a software health check?
Our business software health checks are a great way to ensure your financial data has the integrity you expect it to. By doing health checks, you can ensure the accounting records are being accurately maintained to reduce time and cost.
Wouldn’t it be great to know that your financial software has been set up correctly, is being used by staff appropriately and efficiently, and that they are making use of time-saving features.
Would you also like to know about the range of apps that are available to your business, including payroll and bank integration?
At Nexia we have a depth of knowledge in cloud-based and off the shelf accounting software packages. We recommend that you undertake a review of the ‘health’ of your accounting software, which will identify any issues or opportunities, ultimately saving you time and money.
What are the benefits?
In today’s world, software is continuously changing, updating and improving and sometimes it can be difficult to keep up! Software health checks are a way to give you peace of mind that you are getting the best from your accounting software and whether it is fit for purpose.
The ultimate benefits include:
- Gaining peace of mind and confidence in the performance of your accounting software.
- Identifying the financial software risks within your business and developing a plan to address them.
- Improving productivity with time-saving tips from our technology experts and ultimately reducing time on your year-end accounting process.
What is included?
We offer a review of the following key areas:
- A sense check of your financials for potential errors or inconsistencies
- The validity of your set up, including making sure conversion balances are correct
- Bank feeds/bank account integration
- Ensuring balances are accurate and identify any unreconciled transactions
- Potential security issues
- Outdated sales/purchase invoices
- Outstanding credit notes/overpayments
- Fixed assets register set-up
- Review of manual journals
- Check GST settings
- Check chart of accounts
- Review Payroll software integrations
- Potential integration with software add-ons
- Any other possible features of your accounting software that your business could use to improve efficiency
We will provide you with a detailed ‘Health Check Report’ outlining the results, what actions are required (if any), and a list of recommendations.