The Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Act 2009 (AML/CFT Act) require all reporting entities to have a Risk Assessment and AML/CFT Programme independently audited every two years.
Nexia New Zealand provides both independent audits and pre-audit reviews to reporting entities captured under the AML/CFT Act legislation. Our reviews will look at your risk assessment and compliance programme from a different perspective to your management team and those charged with administering the risk assessment and AML/CFT programme.
AML/CFT Audit – Area of Focus
Our focus areas for AML/CFT Audits will differ between reporting entities based on the type of services provided, but you should expect some focus on the following areas:
- Governance and management
- Vetting and training of staff
- Customer due diligence
- Record keeping and documentation
- Suspicious, complex and unusual transactions
Benefits of a Nexia New Zealand AML/CFT Audit
- Access to extensive local and international AML/CFT experience across all aspects of compliance and programme management.
- We provide robust and proven AML/CFT Audit methodologies
- Receive an in-depth programme review, and an understanding of AML/CFT compliance and non-compliance requirements
- To gain confidence in your AML/CFT programme
- Receive expert insights and recommendations to ensure you prioritise the risk areas of your business.
- To ensure that you are not overcomplicating the AML/CFT process for your customers
CLICK HERE for your AML/CFT pre-planning checklist